Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Year Over...

It's a new year. A time for beginnings, resolutions, hopes. Like everyone else, I've got things I want to do in 2011, because they didn’t get done this year. I've spent another year planning for the completion of my novel, the organization of my house, and a lot of other things. The novel and the organization aren't done. I could wallow in self-deprecation over that, but I guess that wouldn't be very productive. So in an effort to boost my morale and motivation, I think I'll try to figure out what I have managed to accomplish in 2010:

1. I continued to learn my mom's native language, and used it (with severe limitations) while visiting relatives this summer.

2. I contributed time to two volunteer sewing groups, making quilts and hats for those who need them.

3. I've blogged every week. Nothing earth-shattering, nothing that's going to put me on the map, but it's an exercise in continuity and consistency.

4. With the help of my critique group, I've edited and refined several chapters of my novel.

5. I've watched my grandkids grow as they participate in sports and music.

6. I've documented the year in my family scrapbook - it's been such a busy year, I've had to put all the pictures in two books!

Okay, I feel better now. There have been other things I've done, some not so productive (computer games and iphone apps come to mind), and I've lost and regained about twenty pounds. So I have work to do. But knowing that I made progress during this year makes it easier to make resolutions for next year. Instead of digging my way out of a hole, I'm preparing to take a few steps up. It's doable.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment