Friday, April 16, 2010

Facebook Saves the Day!


It seems that whenever I develop an interest in something and spend time on it, my children tell me I’m “addicted”. I’ve gone through additions to scrapbooking, reading, and sewing and various television shows. Now I seem to have developed (according to them) an obsession with facebook. Because I happen to look at it whenever I get online, I’m a “stalker”. Hey, I can’t help it if I like to stay informed about my friends and family!

Right now, I’m in my hotel room in northern Michigan. I’m here because tomorrow I’m going to judge at a junior high music festival. I turned my phone on to call my husband and let him know I got here okay. Unfortunately, I can’t get cell phone service here! What to do? Hmm. I just happen to have my laptop with me.

I got online, and went to facebook. Luckily, one of my “friends” who happened to be online was my grandson, Gabe. I sent him a message asking him to please call or text his grandfather and let him know I got here okay. He did so right away. Problem solved! Facebook saved the day.

At least one problem is solved anyway. The other problem is I drove all the way up here without my dress clothes! I got here at 10 pm so all the stores are closed and they won’t be open before I have to be there. I’m going to have to judge in my sloppy jeans tomorrow! Yuk!

Oh, well. Facebook and the internet can’t solve EVERY problem. But it makes life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment