Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Party Time!


As social media assistant at Eskape Press, my job is to keep the company and its authors in the public eye as much as possible. One way to do this is by having our monthly Facebook parties. Have you ever attended a Facebook party? What happens is that someone sets up an event, but instead of everyone meeting in a specific location, attendees simply agree to be on Facebook during a specified time. If you join the event, all posts to the event page appear on your news feed, and you can engage in some lively conversations that way!
There are lots of advantages to hosting a Facebook party. As a host, the main advantage for me is not having to clean my house or rent an alternate location. I serve “virtual snacks” – which means I find pictures of food and post them. I don’t have to worry about disturbing the neighbors because unless someone posts a video clip of someone being noisy, the party is pretty much silent. The downside, of course, is that you’re not actually meeting these people in person – but since the attendees often come from all over the world, it’s worth the price.
Anyway, I’m helping with a party tomorrow night (Thursday, June 5), and EVERYONE is invited! The party runs from 6 to 10 pm EDT, and each half hour a different Eskape Press author will be your host. My turn will be from 8 to 8:30 EDT, and I’m giving away some handmade note cards as well as some ebooks. Others have more generous prizes – but you’ll have to attend in order to win! Here’s the link for the party. Hope you’ll join us!

https://www.facebook.com/events/749587185091931/

Simply click on the link and then click JOIN. Then on Thursday night, all the posts from the party will appear in your news feed. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment