Monday, June 16, 2014

Author Highlight: Andy Lewter


          I’m so pleased to have brand-new author Andy Lewter here today. Andy’s paranormal novel, Gifted, was recently released by Astraea Press. Let’s find out more about her and her book:

What do you do when you’re not writing?
I’m a stay-home mom with two beautiful (about to be three!) children that bring me so much happiness. In between homework, cleaning, cooking and playing, I squeeze in time for my husband and writing.

What would your fans be surprised to know about you?
I am addicted to chocolate! If I don’t have some form of chocolate during the day, I get very moody and unhappy.

I can identify with the chocolate addiction! What’s your idea of an ideal vacation?
A stress-free beach with plentiful drinks, a small, fragrant breeze and being surrounded by everyone I love.

Let’s talk about your book. What inspired you to write it?
Life experiences that have brought me both pain and happiness, wonderful people that have touched my life, and crazy dreams I have nightly. Combining them into a book only seemed logical.

How did you choose the genre you write in?
I love reading stories that have another world. The rules are limitless and you never know what to expect. It’s an awesome twist and escape on reality and I thoroughly enjoyed creating my own world for others to enjoy as well.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
I’d have to say, at this point, I am my toughest critic. I was so worried about creating and producing something that others wouldn’t like that I finally had to convince myself to push through and write what I loved. And I kept writing. And look what came of it! I’m so honored to be in the position I am now, and that I continued to write regardless of my fears.

Here’s the Blurb for Gifted:

The last thing Abigail Everett thought would happen over spring break was having her world shift into an entirely new perspective.

Unfortunately for her, that’s exactly what happened.

Between struggling to master her newly-formed abilities, coming face-to-face with dark, deceiving mind tricks by those that seek her leadership, and learning of a mythical world that she never deemed possible, Abigail risks everything with the future of mankind and the safety of its people in her hands.

Gifted can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and several other ebook outlets.

You can find Andy at her Facebook page, Goodreads, and on Twitter.

3 comments:

  1. I loved you book plus u as a friend and writer.. You are one amazing woman... Looking forward to reading the next book..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it Debbie!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete