Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Leibster Blog Award


About fifteen years ago when I decided I wanted to write a book, I joined a group called the Mid Michigan Romance Writers of America. I soaked up all the knowledge I could at their monthly meetings and met some really cool people, including real authors - people who had actually published books that I could buy or get at the library.
My kids started getting older and I encouraged them to be involved in activities. They complied and my weekends got full, so I wasn't able to make it to a lot of meetings. But I kept up my membership and I still attend sporadically. The email loop has allowed me to keep in touch. Still, I sometimes feel like a peripheral member, lurking on the outside.
So I was thrilled and pleasantly surprised to find I've been the recipient of a special award from a fellow MMRWA member, Teresa Blue. She's a newly published author at The Wild Rose Press. Her first novel, Night Bird, will be released in early May. She presented me with the Liebster Blog award, which is supposed to be given to "up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers".  Teresa's blog, Thingfinder, is an eclectic collection of thoughts. I love to peruse and see the various things (and thoughts) she collects. Thank you so much, Teresa!
All that's required to accept this award is:
1. Thank the person who gave it to them and link back to that person's blog.
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog. (It's up at the top!)
3. Choose 5 blogs to award in kind and break the news by commenting on those blogs.
4. Hope those people pay it forward in turn by accepting and awarding "The Liebster Blog Award" to blogs they'd like to honor.
So for #3, I'm choosing these five bloggers (my apologies if you have more than 200 followers!):
Stephanie Michels at Chunking up the Page, one of my savvy critique partners and a fabulous proof reader
JC Hanks at AWriter in the Making. JC is an author with a million story lines and a fascinating collection of sewing machines. If had all those machines I'd never have time to write!
Lynn Doezema at A Writer's Whimsy. Lynn is a very energetic and supportive writer. She's just getting started, but I know she'll go far!
Cheryl Sterling at Cheryl Sterling Books. Cheryl creates unique worlds and entertaining stories, like Tall, Dark, and Slayer, The Apprentice Fairy Godmother, and What Do You Say to a Naked Elf?
Mrs. VanAmberg at Just the Five of Us. This lady is a former collegue and amazes me with her talent as a photographer, her savvy with technology, her creativeness at crafts, and her involvement with her children - on top of her full time teaching duties. I wonder when she sleeps.

So there are my five nominees. Now I just need to notify them. Thanks again, Tereasa, for the nod!

3 comments:

  1. Agreed...you are ever kind and thoughtful, Patty! I love reading your blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Patricia! And I so enjoyed the BTC interview. It's great to see all the wonderful stuff happening for you! Congratulations and best of luck for a wonderful release. And waving to Cheryl! : )

    ReplyDelete