Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Busier I Get...

…the more I get done. I’m not sure why that happens. When I have lots of free time I tend to procrastinate and do little things that don’t matter so much. But when I have a big deadline and sixteen other irons in the fire, somehow most of it gets done.
Last week, for example, I had three blog posts, plus my usual tweeting and posting for myself and for EsKape Press. In addition to all the weekly things (grandkids on Monday, band rehearsal on Monday night, Quilting on Tuesday, Teaching on Tuesday and Thursday, and orchestra rehearsal on Wednesday night) I participated in a Facebook event for which I handmade my prizes. I completed a quilt for my grandson, drove my mother to her vacation condo, attended a writers’ group meeting, and watched another granddaughter play soccer.
I’m hoping all this busy energy will translate into more writing for me. I FINALLY finished and submitted my 2014 Christmas book (not totally happy with it yet, but since it’s been accepted I’m hoping the publisher will allow me to make several changes I it) and I have a short story coming out in an anthology very soon! So now I need to get going on a novella that I’ve been asked to write. It’s supposed to be New Adult and I’m not sure if I can pull it off, but I’m going to try. And I need to finish a couple of sequels – one, the Plum Blossom Covenant, is the sequel to The Samurai’s Garden and I’ve had it on my hard drive for quite a while, waiting to be dusted off and completed. Another, Sunlight and Shadows, is the story that will include my quiting friend, Diane Rose.

So. Now that I’ve got my plans outlined, I just need to get them done. In the meantime, let me share with you the cover of Autumn’s Kiss, the anthology of sweet romances that includes my short story “Autumn Vows.” Isn’t it pretty?

2 comments:

  1. When I had my own business doing custom sewing and alterations I always worked best under pressure and deadlines. If someone told me they wanted me to make them a garment "whenever" I told them whenever may never come along, give me a date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Kathy! If I know when something needs to be finished, I'll make the effort to get it finished. I like your response - "Whenever may never come along!"

      Delete