Saturday, April 5, 2014

Snippet Sunday


I’m so sorry I haven’t participated in Snippet Sunday the last two week! Life is going at mach speed lately. One reason is the upcoming release of The Friendship Star Quilt, the second in a series about a group of quilters. Here’s the opening:

At the sound of the door opening, she looked up to greet the newcomer. But her guest wasn’t a customer or a quilter.
Instead, a little blond cherub about six or seven years old stood in the doorway, studying the store with wide eyes.
“Do you need something, sweetie?” Anne asked.
The little girl turned soulful blue eyes in her direction. “It’s raining outside, and my daddy hasn’t come to pick me up yet. Is it okay if I wait in here?”
“Sure. Where was your dad supposed to pick you up?”
“The ice cream shop next door. I was at Suzy’s birthday party, but everyone else is gone now. And the ice cream man turned the lights off so I couldn’t stay there.”

The Friendship Star Quilt, by Stephanie Michels and me, will be out THIS WEEK thanks to Astraea Press! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy... that sounds ominous, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting beginning. I hope her father will arrive soon that's worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting snippet. Must be scary for her.

    ReplyDelete