Saturday, February 22, 2014

Winter in Michigan

          What a week! We’ve had extreme weather conditions, going from six inches of snow on Monday to 40 degree temps and sunshine on Wednesday, and blustering 40 mile-an-hour winds on Friday. We’ve been fortunate in that all our loved ones made it safely to where they needed to be. 
          I’ve had some wonderful writing news: I FINALLY finished a historical novella I’ve been working on since the beginning of the year, and submitted it late Tuesday night. On Friday I received a contract for it! Searching for Lady Luck will be part of anthology of stories from EsKape Press authors. I’m so honored, and I promise to keep you all updated. 
          As far as my other goals, they’re a bit behind. 
          Sewing/crafting: I received my first card making kit in the mail and made those up (I love these all-inclusive kits - and I get to keep the stamps and ink pads to use later, if I so choose) and I finished some more Christmas napkins to use in December as gifts or prizes. 
          Reading: I finally finished The Smuggler Wore Silk by Alyssa Alexander. Wonderful, wonderful regency suspense. And there’s a sequel coming soon! Can’t wait. I started reading Zach’s Rebound Girl by Monique deVere. This is a bit different than my usual read, but I’m enjoying it. I promised to write a review so I’ll have it finished by tonight, if not tomorrow.


          Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment