Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thanksgiving in January


I spent the first half of this week indoors. Thanks to Mother Nature, schools in the area were closed Monday and Tuesday. I read a news article that said that the state of Michigan ranked Number One in total snowfall for the month!
The last time we had a blizzard (was it only a few weeks ago?) I managed to get a lot of extra sewing and cleaning done. So I was eager to get to work. I have a book I need to get finished and submitted soon if it's going to be included in an anthology my publisher has planned. I have homework to do, papers to grade, and yes, I really do enjoy interacting with my husband once in a while. In addition, I woke up on Monday morning with a nasty cold, and on Tuesday it became a headache in addition to a cough. Needless to say, this unexpected break wasn't quite as productive as I'd hoped.
I was beginning to wonder if I'd have anything at all to blog about. It was getting pretty depressing. Then I remembered something I saw in November, where each day people would post something they were thankful for. I thought I'd take a page from the Giving Thanks people and list the things that I'm happy about this week:

Sunday: I'm thankful that my youngest grandson's croup seems to have subsided and he was back to his cheerful self.
Monday:  I'm thankful that despite the mind-boggling amounts of snow and treacherous driving conditions, my loved ones remained safe.
Tuesday: I'm thankful for the internet so that I can stay connected with the world and work from home.
Wednesday: I'm thankful for my chiropractor, who helps my body work the way it should.
Thursday: I'm thankful for the cooking talents of my hubby, so that I don't have to ever think about "What's for dinner?"

What can you be thankful for today?

Weekly goals report
Sewing: As I said, my bad cold made it difficult for me to get as much done as I'd hoped. In addition, my serger sort of broke down on Sunday night, so I wasn't able to do as much as I'd hoped. But I did manage to make a few Valentine napkins, as well as some swag bags.

Reading: I'm about halfway done reading The Smuggler Wore Silk by Alyssa Alexander. I'm loving it! When I finish I'll have to write a review.


Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment