Monday, January 14, 2013

Please Welcome Author Wendy Ely


            Today I'm pleased to welcome author Wendy Ely. She has brought along the main characters from her recent release, Confessions. So let's see what Jordan and Chelsea have to say about their experiences  in the book:

From Jordan:

What are your favorite scenes in your book: the action, the dialog or the romance?

            How many people are going to read this? I’m just checking because I don’t want some dude to pull my man card… know what I mean? Honestly… my favorite parts of the book were the romance with Chelsea. You see, I’d missed her every day that she’d been gone. Hell, I even missed her when she came back and I couldn’t wrap my arms around her. Getting to know her again turned my insides to jelly.

What do you like to do when you are not being actively read somewhere?

            You’ll be surprised to know that when I’m not being read I’m a super hero… to my wonderful kids and gorgeous wife! I still own my construction company, have built up the housing development in Wilson, Arizona (maybe the occupants will provide some new stories to the Desert Secrets series), but I also enjoy my days off… a lazy Sunday morning with Chelsea and the kids. A dip in the pool or a jog through Wilson always makes me happy.

Did you have a pet as a child? What happened to it?  How did you feel about that?

            Can I share a secret with you? I wanted a dog so badly. I guess I was about nine when I noticed the Basset Hound in the pet shop’s window. For the entire week I couldn’t think of anything other than that dog. On Friday I went back to the pet shop. He was still there. Later that day I snuck some money out of my mother’s purse and bought the dog. His name was Humphrey. My mother was so angry. Not for stealing the money but for bringing a dog home. “Dogs are dirty and this family doesn’t allow dirt in our home,” she said. She drove us out to the desert and made me open the door, so she could push my dog. I cried as we drove away.

            I never even asked for a pet ever again.

From Chelsea:

How did you first meet your writer?

            I popped into her thoughts one day while she was doing dishes. She had just finished writing her first book and I picked her because her ability to show my story how I wanted her to. She started Confessions right away.

Did you have a hard time convincing your author to write any particular scenes for you?

            We didn’t have any issues with the scenes. Ms. Ely is great at listening to her characters. Well, she was for my story anyway. The problem I had was the title. My name should’ve been in there somewhere. I wanted the book named: The Confessions of Chelsea Montgomery. Ms. Ely said that title was too long… and she won. Afterall, she is the author.

What do you wear when you go to sleep?

            What I’d like to wear is much more interesting than what I actually sleep in. With two children (one who still crawls into bed with us on occasion) it’s hard to wear anything sexy. Yes, I’d love to wear naughty lingerie to help keep Jordan’s motor going but my current wardrobe consists of pajama shorts and baggy t-shirts. No sexiness here.

From Wendy:

Thank you for letting us stop by your blog, Patricia! We had a great time here.


Teaser from Confessions:

As soon as her knuckles hit the wood, the door swung open. Dark eyes widened with surprise. He stepped into the door frame. Dressed in a pair of jeans, shirtless, and his curly hair still wet from a shower, she couldn’t help but admire him as a man and not the boy he’d been when she left. The scent of aftershave and soap wafted out. No cologne. Just deliciously clean. 


You can find Wendy:

Amazon author page: http://amzn.com/e/B008SA6TJK
Twitter: @wendyelyauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment