Friday, March 1, 2013

Time for a Break!



It's been a long, long time since I've blogged here. I've posted blogs and promotional stuff for other authors, but it seems I haven't participated in Sweet Saturday Samples to share works-in-progress (or any other work) and I haven't shared pictures of any projects. I'm not sure why. I could use the "Life Gets In The Way" excuse, but life also happened when I was posting regularly. I have been writing – I signed up for Winter Nano with my writers group and I'm twenty-three thousand words into another Stitching Post novel.
Maybe it's time management. Maybe it's burn-out. Maybe it's boredom. It could be that nothing blog-worthy has happened in my life. I kind of doubt it, seeing I've got all kinds of pictures to put in my scrapbook. It could be a combination of all the above. But in any event, I haven't shared any of my life events or thoughts.
So I'm going to do what any self-respecting writer does. I'm going to change things up. I'm getting a change of scenery for a while. Getting some new experiences. It's spring break at the college where I teach, and I am going to fly across the country. My cousin lives there, and I haven't seen her in a long time. And I've never seen the west coast. So this afternoon my daughter and I are taking off.
Will this result in a new story? Possibly. That would be very nice. A trip to Greece resulted in Aegean Intrigue. Going to England made me a little more more assured about writing Partridge. While I was in Japan I did some research for Samurai's Garden. And my trip to Paris inspired a sequel for Aegean Intrigue. New ideas are always nice, especially if a great plot accompanies them. So California, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great trip, Patty. Hope you get lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete