Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Please Welcome Author Nell Dixon



Today I am so pleased to once again welcome fellow Astraea Press author Nell Dixon. Nell is a very prolific author, having books available from ten publishers – so far! She is from the Black Country in England (I admit, I had to hunt down a map to find out it's the part of England closest to Wales) and in addition to writing, she has a passion for cathedral architecture. She also likes walking, gardening, art, and travelling with her family. She was recently here to share her Valentine novella, Lights, Camera, Poltergeist! and now she has yet another book to share with us.
****

Thank you for inviting me to talk about Radio Gaga, my new chick lit suspense story. I’m excited about this book as it’s my first mainstream full length title for over eighteen months. Set in the world of local radio it has a fun and upbeat heroine and a dark, mysterious hero. Ben, the hero, is a former soldier wounded in Afghanistan he wants a quiet life and time to recover. Chloe is impulsive, accident prone and longs to be famous. Hardly the perfect match!


Here's the blurb for Radio Gaga:
Over the airwaves everyone can hear you scream!
Radio researcher and part-time presenter Chloe Lark is certain her big show biz break is just around the corner. Live it Up radio may not be the big time, but surely - one day soon - fame will come her way. And, if she could convince the hunky guy next door to give her a chance, her love life might improve too.
Ex-soldier Ben isn’t sure if his new ‘Z’ list celebrity neighbour is crazy or on medication. Either way he’s looking for a quiet life out of the spotlight. The last thing he needs is an accident prone media hungry blonde complete with mystery stalker. Problem is - Chloe doesn’t seem to have received that particular memo…

Here’s an excerpt!
I knew it wasn’t burglars when I noticed the large empty space next to the bay window. No self-respecting burglar would break into someone’s home just to steal a life size cardboard cut-out of Darth Vader would they?
No, it wasn’t burglars who’d nicked Darth or who’d cleared the shelf of the Queen CDs. It was Neil. He’d finally moved out, and taken Freddie Mercury and the Dark Lord with him as he went.
For a moment I stood trying to decide how I felt. Angry? Broken-hearted? In the time it took me to cross the room, enter the kitchen and dump my handbag on the worktop I decided my overwhelming feeling was relief.
Neil had raided the kitchen too: his state of the art coffee maker which I hadn’t been allowed to touch was gone, along with his juicer and his super fancy wok. Only a couple of spilled coffee beans on the countertop showed where they had been. I looked at the clippie magnet on the fridge to see if he’d left me a note. We’d always left messages for each other one there. A few months back they had been little love notes with kisses and pictures of hearts. Now the only thing on there was the ratty message I’d left for him yesterday asking him to pick up some milk on his way home.
I walked back through the lounge to what had once been our bedroom. The wardrobe doors were open showing the empty hangers and his rack of immaculately arranged ties had gone. My mobile vibrated in my trouser pocket telling me I had a text as I sank down onto the edge of the bed. I knew what it would be before I even fished it out of my pocket.
‘Chloe, guess you know by now have moved out, thought would be better this way. U know it wasn’t working, sorry, N’
© Nell Dixon 2013

Radio Gaga is available at Amazon, AmazonUK

Nell can be found on Facebook, at her Blog, her Website, and on Twitter (@NellDixon)





5 comments:

  1. If these characters are as likeable as your others, it will be a great book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joselyn. I loved writing Radio Gaga so I'm hoping other people will enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Nell, I think i've said it before .... everytime the cover pops up, the song's stuck in my head .... LOL. Great book. Will be downloading all my books over the w/end for the big trip .... Including Queen .... sorry Radio Gaga !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nell, first of all, I want to say, I love your promo picture. It's very attractive and natural.

    Second, I want to tell you what a delightful clip this is. I definitely have to put this one on my Kindle's TBR list. I love humor, mystery, and slightly crazy heroines! Sounds like I'd hit the Trifecta with Radio Gaga!

    Wishing you many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks both of you! It's much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete