Friday, March 4, 2011

NaNo, Week Three



Okay, I’ve been at this for three solid weeks. Somehow, I’ve been able to keep up my daily average of 1143 words per day. There are some days, like yesterday, when I’m so tired I simply sit back in my recliner and let my fingers type what I’m thinking. I don’t even look. Anything to get the word count up there.

So far I have the two main characters getting to know each other and becoming very attracted to each other. I’ve laid the groundwork for a mystery. It’s not a mystery book per se, but something that goes wrong, and the two main characters try to find out who caused it. I’ve tried to set up several scenarios that point to someone who might have done it, but hopefully it will come out that someone totally unexpected was the villain.

I’m not quite sure where this story is leading. I had an outline all made out, but somehow the characters are starting to lead me in another direction. I know this will end happily, I’m not sure how it will get there. It may take a while, though.

I am really bleary-eyed right now from lack of sleep. I’ll have to take a nap.

As soon as I write my 1143 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment