Friday, February 25, 2011

NaNo Update

I am now 15,000 words into my new story. Not bad for a week and a half of work. Some days it's really difficult to come up with my 1143 words for the day, and other days I have to remind myself that there are other things needing my attention. The challenge is good for me. I have a goal to meet each day, and I don't get up from the table (or recliner) until I have met it.

I love to write in the morning. Somehow the day seems to go better if I have my "words" done before I start in with the things I need to do and places I need to go. But sometimes (like the three days a week when I have to be at work at 5 am) it's not feasible. There have been days when I was up and motivated and was "in the flow" and I was able to write 750 words before leaving for work at 4:45, but those days are few and far between.

I managed to get a day ahead and have tried to stay that way, just in case I get bogged down with "must dos". I'm getting to a point in my classes (the ones I teach) when papers are going to be turned in, and I need to keep up on grading them. And the grandkids have had programs to attend. And my mom needs to be transported to various places. Life goes on, and it doesn't revolve around my laptop, despite my tendency to have it surgically attached to my lap.

So right now, things are progressing as they should. I have a story to tell, and it's being told. I have a goal to meet, and I'm managing to meet it.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment