Friday, April 29, 2011

A New Job

I am going to start a new job next week. I am so excited about starting this job. I'm anxious and nervous about doing well, but mostly I am thrilled to have this opportunity. I will have to drive about a half hour to get there, and then another half hour home, and I will do this four days a week. The pay is not great, but the benefits are too good to pass up.

I will be the Day Care Provider for my new granddaughter. I have agreed to take care of her for six weeks while her parents are working. This will enable my daughter and her husband to take their time finding and checking out various day care possibilities for their daughter, and saving them the hassle of toting a newborn out every day until she is a little older.

I'm finding out very quickly that caring for a newborn is quite different from when I had children. So many of the "must dos" back then are no longer done. So I will do my best to do things "the right way" so that my granddaughter grows up healthy and strong - like her parents, who were raised the old way.

This will be bonding time for us. I probably won't get another chance like this for a long while. Or it might come up often. I don't know. But I'm going to take advantage of this now, and hug her all I can. It goes without saying that I will take lots and lots of pictures (after disabling the tracking device on my iphone, of course), and will put them in my scrapbook.

So what does this mean for my goals? I'm thinking I will still be able to reach them. You see, she's young enough that she still sleeps a lot, so hopefully I can use that time to write and/or work on sewing, crocheting, or other craft projects. She has a stroller so I can take a walk with her every day to the nice park at the end of the street. So I should be able to complete three of my four goals every day while I'm there. On the fifth day, I'll be home long enough to do them here. I think.

Ah, I love it when a plan takes shape. Hopefully they will work out. I've done okay so far this week. I'll have to make a conscientious effort to keep it up, and create a plan for doing so.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment