Thursday, June 1, 2017

Goal setting: Does it Work?

Last month I accepted an Instagram challenge to post one picture a day on a given topic. For the most part I succeeded, not only in posting each day, but in meeting the goals I set on day one.  Here are the goals I set for myself.


The final result?
1.    Nope. According to my spreadsheet I added only 1400 words to my manuscript.
2.    Yes! I had so much fun filling up boxes with stuff I didn’t need and taking them to the charity shops that I ended up adjusting my goals to one box per day – and I succeeded! Thirty-one boxes of stuff left my house. One or two came in – medications for my hubby, pictures for me (which went into my scrapbooks).
3.    Almost. According to my Activities app on my watch, my average was more like 3 times a week.
4.    No. Bad girl.
5.    Not quite. But more than 50 percent of the time.

So #2 was my greatest success. I have more room in my house. Here’s the proof. 

As for the rest, I’m not too concerned (except for #4). I probably did more than I would have if I hadn’t specifically set those goals for myself. After all, I knew I’d be held accountable.

I decided to try again for the month of June. Here’s my new goals list:



--> What do you want to get done this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment