Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I Need a Title!

Welcome to the new blog subscribers! I haven’t been very active here for several months, but I’m going to try to post more regularly.

Right now I’m hoping some of you can help me with a dilemma. I’m in the finishing stages of a book and I need a title. For me, this has to be the most difficult part of writing a book! So I’m asking you for help. I need some ideas. I’ll give you the details on the story and if you have a title, leave it in the comments below. If I use your idea, I’ll send you a copy of the book as soon as it becomes available, PLUS a $5 Amazon gift card. If I use part of your idea, I’ll give you a choice of gift card or a print copy of one of my books.

So here are the specifics:

Tom Cooper left his high-pressure law practice in Indianapolis for life on an alpaca farm in the tiny northwest Indiana town of Escape. Though he continued to practice law, the farm provided a good life for him, his wife, and their five children. Now widowed, he tends the farm alone, since all his children have left. The alpaca business has begun to wane, and he’s just received the news that his balance problems and other aches he’d chalked up to getting older are actually symptoms of multiple sclerosis. He goes to the local diner to mull this over. There's a pretty lady there who's always kind to him, but he'd best not get involved. He's never gotten over the death of his wife - because he blames himself.

Laurie Matthews owns the diner in Escape. She’s a former nurse, but had to leave her job when a co-worker blamed her for something she didn’t do. She’s attracted to the handsome widower who often comes in for coffee and a hot meal, but keeps her distance, because everyone she’s ever loved has died – her grandparents, her parents, her husband, and one other.

Despite the fact that neither wants to enter a romantic relationship, they end up needing each other. And Laurie helps Tom see that he needs to rebuild ties with his children. When he decides to sell the farm, she talks him into inviting all the kids home for one last gathering before the land leaves the family.

This book is the first in a series called The Reunion. Four other authors are writing books about the children.

So… knowing all these details, what is your title suggestion? I'll pick a winner at the end of the week. Thanks in advance!



-->

2 comments:

  1. "Longing to Escape". I couldn't get away from using the town's name. :) I love the story idea and will definitely read the book when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete