Wednesday, August 27, 2014

When the Chapter Ends...


Last week, authors around the world were stunned to learn of the sudden death of Monique O’Connor James. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I was in awe of her sparkling online personality and her willingness to help. Her books were full of magic, with a dash of darkness.
I remember having no idea how to go about getting my books and my name out. Along came Monique, with a brilliant idea. She decided to create a scavenger hunt and invite readers to look at several author website, looking for answers to clues she would give on her blog. All we had to do was provide her with a link to our blog or website, and an ebook for a prize, and she’d do the rest. I eagerly accepted the offer, and was amazed at her creativity. I gained a few readers, and respect for her marketing savvy.

Monique continued to write stories, often set in her native Louisiana. But now the voice behind those stories is silent. We all grieve, but we ache also for the children she left behind. Her family needs our help. An online fundraising campaign has been set up to assist them through this terrible time. If you can help, please go to http://www.gofundme.com/d4nlkk

1 comment:

  1. She was truly beautiful, in- and outside. She'll be dearly missed!

    ReplyDelete