Saturday, September 7, 2013

News from a Newsworthy Quilter


          Quilts have been on my mind a lot lately. Last April I blogged about a very special quilter, Diane Rose. If you missed the original post, you can read it HERE. Diane is a very prolific and talented quilter, as well as a sought out motivational speaker. What makes her unique is that she creates all her masterpieces entirely by feel – Diane has been totally blind since she was very young.
          Recently, Diane had surgery and had to curtail her speaking appearances. This caused her a lot of concern – her speaking is an important part of her income, and once she regained her health she was eager to restart her career – but the invitations weren’t coming in. But now she has a wonderful opportunity – I’ll let her tell you about it in her own words, from her most recent newsletter:
****
          There is an International Quilt Show, in Houston, Texas, at the end of October and beginning of November. I went to this show only once (last year) it is HUGE!!! I visited with all the vendors and met Rickey Tims (thank you Rickey for what you have done). I have been asked to be an attendee in the special events arena as well as to display, speak, sew, and have my merchandise and quilts. You have to have a special invitation to be a part of this event. I am especially honored and blessed to be a part of this. My friend Faye, from Granny B Quilt Shop in Tennessee, is coming to spend the week with me as well as my friend Cheryl and other volunteers who will be helping me at the booth. This event will be high energy for several hours each day. We will be staying at the hotel with the Convention Center, which is quite expensive.
          A lot of people have asked, "What can I do to help you..." and to be quite honest, I need financial help with my stay in Houston. Lodging and food will be $2000 so to assist in the process, a secure account has been set up for me on this PayPal link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EF874TG4TFZGG

If you prefer to bless me via check, my mailing address is:
Diane Rose
721 Petty Place
Waco, TX 76705

          I truly want you to know how much it means to me to have your support and love. I could not do this without you. As most of you know, I do pour out my heart and soul. Yes I have a relationship with God and as of right now, my faith is at its strongest. I am happy, I am stronger, and I am BACK IN ACTION! Nonetheless, before I end this newsletter, I just want to give you all a little advice: When/if you get to a point where you don’t see an end to all your troubles, lean on God. He will and He can get you through it. Thank you so much!
****
So Diane is ready to hit the big time! I am so proud of her and her accomplishments, and I wanted to share her continuing story and ask you to consider helping her out. I plan to send a donation so that others can see and hear her inspiring story, and I hope you will too.





No comments:

Post a Comment