Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Please Welcome Author Jennifer Lowery


Today I am pleased to have Jennifer Lowery here again! She has another new release out called Murphy's Law, published by Lyrical Press. I had the pleasure of reading several excerpt from this book when Jennifer and I participated in the Sweet Saturday Samples blog hop. It's a great story with a strong but caring hero (the very best kind, in my opinion!) and a resourceful heroine. Jennifer is here to tell us about her own journey in writing this book.


Hi Patty  and all you fabulous readers out there *waves* Thank you so much for having me today! My contemporary romance, Murphy’s Law, released this month so I’m very excited to be here! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!! 
In honor of my release I am giving away a $5.00 Amazon gift card to one lucky commenter so please leave me a comment with your EMAIL to be entered to win!!
This book is very special to me. Not only because it is the story of my heart, but because I signed the contract with Lyrical Press on my birthday! Yep! It was the best birthday ever! 
Murphy’s Law was the third manuscript I ever finished. I wrote it never expecting it to see the light of day. I knew I was lacking GMCs in my characters in my writing and I wanted to learn so I set my mind to character building and learning the craft. I bought Debra Dixon’s Goal, Motivation, Conflict and it changed my life! And my writing! Murphy’s Law was my attempt to build deeper characters. Hence, my practice run and the reason it was never to be read by anyone but myself, lol.
But, something happened as I began writing Murphy and Sara. I fell in love with them from page one and just couldn’t stop writing! They haunted my dreams. I couldn’t stop thinking about them. Couldn’t stop writing. I finished the first draft in only a couple months (80k). The more I wrote the more I fell in love with them. The more I learned.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I messed up. Big time, lol. This manuscript went through six edits before I signed a contract. Ah, the life of a pantser, but I love it. Completely. I don’t want you to believe that I just read a book, sat down and wrote a book that sold. Absolutely not!! Blood, sweat and tears went into this book and I don’t regret one single moment of that journey. Murphy and Sara were so worth it. I hope when you read their story that you think so too!
I was lucky enough to final in the Golden Heart with this manuscript back in 2006 and final in another local RWA chapter contest with it. But that was before the edits that finally got it contracted almost eight years after I wrote it.
So my advice, don’t ever give up on the story of your heart or any of those stories you have hidden under your bed or in a drawer!! It just may be the story you sign a contract for on your birthday. So don’t give up! Follow your dreams!
Thank you for having me today, Patty!! I just want to send out a big THANK YOU to all my readers out there! Without you I wouldn’t be here. My wish is to one day meet each and every one of you so I can personally thank you for your generosity and support! 
All my best, 

Jennifer
 ****
Murphy's Law is available at Lyrical Press, Amazon, and other ebook outlets.
You can find Jennifer at her website, on facebook and on twitter @JLoweryauthor.

6 comments:

  1. I do agree that a man who is brave and caring is the one that will steal a heart and keep it safe forever!

    Congrats Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Melissa!! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Great advice, Jennifer, to write the book of your heart. Your passion for the story makes its fantastic. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your release, Jennifer! And from one pantser to another, I understand those multiple drafts!

    ReplyDelete