Friday, July 22, 2011

New Website

This week, I set up my website. What fun! I've tried to model it after other authors' websites, but with a bit of me showing. I had to call tech support for both GoDaddy (from whom I bought the domain name) and Vista Print (where I get hosting - I wanted to use their template), but as soon as I got the answers I needed there, I was content to work on my own. I got my five pages set up, and put the content I wanted on them. Since I've only got one short story published, there isn't much content, but hopefully I'll be able to change that soon.

I let my daughters know about my success. My younger one, the one who reads and answers her messages, let me know that she was proud of me. She says I'm not going to be one of those grandmas who's always calling her kids and grandkids for tech support. What a high compliment! I probably will have to call them once in a while, but as long as I'm working with programs that have "help" options and phone numbers to call, I'm good.

In other news, I'm up to walking 2.7 miles! The 5K is next weekend, so I need to be in shape for it. I've been walking fairly regularly, and as long as it's not a scorcher, I should be okay. I'm so thankful I was talked into walking this. I've never felt better and more motivated! Just goes to show that having goals makes it easier to get things done.

So now, I'm going to write. I have to sell something that pays, so I can pay for that website! Check out patriciakiyono.com and see what you think. I can't wait have more stuff to add to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment