Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Plan

There is a pile of boxes in my living room. They are filled with filled with "stuff". I'm trying to keep them fairly organized: one is full of bathroom items, another with figurines, several smaller ones have books in them and a few have clothing. No, I'm not moving, and no, I'm not taking them to Goodwill. At least, not yet.

The boxes are filled with things that belong to my children. Last weekend they informed me that I was living like a slob and they were going to put me on a show like "Hoarding: Buried Alive" or "Project Organization" or something like that. Apparently they're worried about all the things in the bedrooms that are put there whenever we have company. They admonish me and tell me I need to get myself organized. It bothers me when they do that.

I actually think I AM organized. It's just that I have a lot of stuff and not enough places to put them. And I’m busy working so I’ll have money to do the things I want to do. When I take the time to clean, I don’t have time for my hobbies. But I suppose stuff has to go. So I have a plan. I am going to pack up everything that doesn't belong to me. I will put everything that belongs to a daughter and put it all in boxes. The boxes will either be taken to their respective homes, or to Goodwill.

I began to work this plan this week. I started with the bathroom - in no time, a huge box was filled with curling irons, brushes, lotions, perfumes and makeup. Then I went to the dresser in what I now use as my sewing room. I filled another box with journals, hair accessories, and more makeup. During my husband's favorite tv show (which I can't stand), I filled a box with books. And now there are a half dozen boxes in the living room, ready to be moved either to another house, or to a charity.

Hopefully this trend will continue. Maybe when my stuff is organized my kids will allow me to create in peace. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment